3…2…1… Happy new year!!!
3…2…1… Happy new year!!!
Finding love is not an easy feat for anyone. If you are a woman who is of a higher intellect, chances are you have had an even harder time finding a fulfilling relationship. Society tends to think less of a woman who is single, as if there is something inherently wrong with them. This is definitely not the case. Below are 10 reasons why it can be harder for smart women to find love.
1. They aren’t afraid to be by themselves.
Smart women know what they want and aren’t willing to settle for anything less. They know the importance of staying true to themselves and they also realize that sacrificing their needs for the sake of love with the wrong person will only cause resentment in the long run. They do not have to settle out of fear of being alone, or fear of social implications by others’ who do not understand a woman’s ability to be by herself, and be happy.
2. They know what they want.
Every woman has a mental “checklist” of what they are looking for in a significant other. A smart woman’s checklist tends to be either longer or more specific than those who want a significant other, just to have a significant other. They know themselves and in turn know what type of person they can and can’t be with.
3. They don’t need another person to facilitate their lifestyle.
The past portrays that women needed to go straight from their father’s house to their husband’s. In the modern world women no longer need another person to help them live on their own; they may have realized they prefer that alone time. Therefore, knowing that they will eventually have to share that space can be scary for an independent woman.
4. They have other commitments that take priority over dating.
Careers, friendships, family, extra-curricular pursuits, whatever it is that she has going on may not allow for as much time to date as it takes to find the right mate.
5. They are hyper-aware that relationships end and can let their knowledge of the past affect their future potential relationships.
They have a harder time “living in the moment” and do not want to waste their time; as time truly is a valuable asset to a smart woman. They need to know that there is a future and that their potential mate is on the same page. Marriages, kids, finances, etc.
6. They know that attraction is only half the battle.
Physical attraction is an important aspect to finding love, but smart women understand that attraction is fleeting and can be altered once you see what is underneath. While a woman’s hormones tend to make the first step towards finding love, smart women understand that it is the intimacy developed (and maintained) by both people that dictates whether or not a relationship can last.
7. They can be intimidating.
When a woman is intelligent she isn’t afraid to stand up and say what she thinks. This is a hard pill for a lot of people to swallow. Whether it’s because they don’t know how to react, or if it’s because they don’t feel they can live up to her expectations; either way it can be somewhat intimidating for potential lovers and even friends.
8. They understand Change.
They don’t pretend that they, and their partners, will be the same person years down the road. They want to grow and they have ambitions for their futures that will change who they are, and ultimately, what they want. Knowing this makes it harder for a woman to commit to a partner for a long period of time.
9. They have a vast understanding of the modern dating practices and don’t necessarily like, nor agree, with them.
Dating is no longer a means of survival for women. As stated before, since we no longer need to be passed from father to husband as well as we have the capability to live alone – dating is truly meant to find a companion whom you love and want to share your life, interests, and future with.
10. They know not to trust their hearts with just anyone.
This reason is the culmination of all of the ways it is harder for smart women to find love. Deciding whether someone is worthy of an intelligent woman’s heart is not an easy task and we do not take it lightly. Intelligent women have to weigh the pro’s and con’s and decide if the risk of loving another person is worth the devastation that can occur if it doesn’t work out.
Featured photo credit: A portrait of the biologist as a young woman- 4466. Always Shooting via flickr.com
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1NTQ0AQ
Are you ready to improve yourself and your life in 2016? Making changes in your life doesn’t have to be totally overwhelming. There are many little things you can do to change your life in big ways. Here are 30 little things you can do to change your life this year. Choose a few and try them. You might be surprised by how much of a difference a few little changes can make in your life.
- Write down one thing you are thankful for every day. Starting a gratitude journal is one of the best gifts you can give yourself.
- Carry yourself confidently. Stand with good posture and walk tall.
- Declutter your home. Get rid of the items you don’t use and donate clothes you don’t wear.
- Do this workbook to help you find your passion.
- Start each day by eating the frog.
- End each day by writing out a tentative schedule for the next day. Having a plan for your day will help you hit the ground running when you wake up.
- Declutter your schedule.
- Write down your goals. Be specific about what you want to achieve this year, and put it on paper. Research shows that writing down your goals increases your likelihood of achieving them.
- Wear clothes you feel confident in.
- Connect with someone who inspires and encourages you.
- Move your body. Exercise helps us feel our best.
- Try new healthy foods. You never know when you may discover a new favorite dish.
- Give yourself a compliment. You are unique and amazing. Treat yourself that way.
- Learn to say no.
- Spend time in nature. It’s refreshing and gives you opportunities to feel awe.
- Figure out what your priorities are. Spend more time on your priorities and less time on the unimportant junk.
- Spend at least 10 minutes each day doing something you totally love, just for fun.
- Read something uplifting every day.
- Travel somewhere new. This world is huge and awesome, and there are so many amazing places to see in your lifetime.
- Try a new physical activity. It will help prevent boredom with your exercise routine.
- Spend 10 minutes every day being quiet.
- Spend one day completely unplugged from social media.
- Eat nutritious foods for breakfast to help you feel great each morning. If you’re rushed most mornings, plan your breakfasts ahead of time.
- Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
- Envision your ideal work day, write it down, and commit to finding a career that fits into it.
- Meet new people. Carry on a conversation with someone very different from you.
- Take one step out of your comfort zone every day.
- Do a random act of kindness every week.
- Read the 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman with your significant other.
- Treat yourself to a great vacation.
At the beginning of each year, millions of people set their New Year’s resolutions. However, research shows the large majority of people break their resolutions. Instead of setting vague, huge resolutions, you might want to try setting very specific goals and making a plan of how to achieve your goals. Or, choose some of the small actions above and start working on them.
You may want to change a lot in your life, but revamping your entire life all at once might not be the wisest idea. Oftentimes working on improving small things and changing little habits can make a huge difference in your life. Choose a small action to do every day and focus on that action until it is completed. Focusing on small daily goals can help prevent you from being overwhelmed.
The post 30 Little Things To Do To Become A Different You In 2016 appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1mkznWu
Here are some of the reasons behind some common things you might not know!
The post 17 Images Will Show You Surprising Less-Known Facts! appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1mkznWj
Are you a die-hard fan of Star Wars series and eager to know more about yourself? Try the quiz below to see which role you play in the Star Wars world! May the force be with you.
1. In a group setting, you will rather be a ____________ .
2. Do you believe that you need to play a part to change the world?
3. Are you willing to play by the rules?
4. Will you consider yourself to be more introspective or assertive ?
5. Do you often find yourself torn by the light side and dark side?
6. Will you consider yourself adaptable to changes?
7. Will you consider yourself to be more opportunistic or stubborn?
8. Do you tend to put the needs of others over your own?
9. Do you like to take risks?
10. Are you driven by your own values or others’?
11. It is your dream to become a _________ .
12. Will you consider yourself more caring than decisive ?
13. Would you like to join the light side or the dark side?
14. Will you consider yourself having a complex or simple personality?
15. Will you talk or fight your way out of a problem?
16. Are you interested in helping or controlling people?
17. Will you prefer a calm or exciting life?
18. Do you like to think about complicated problems?
You are Chewbacca!
Good in a fight and fiercely loyal. You’re stubborn at times so only few people know that you have a mushy heart under your warrior exterior. Shedding your armor will do you good sometimes!
Be sure to share these 12 tips to your loved ones if you want them to understand you more.
You are Nute Gunray!
Viceroy of the Trade Federation. Opportunistic and hungry for profit, you make good use of most situations. However, opportunity only knocks at the doors of those who get well prepared.
So it is time for your to prepare yourself to be a big fish!
You are C-3PO!
You fear change and think that the world is changing too fast for your liking. You miss those good old days that you spent with Anakin on Tatooine. However, you can’t start a new chapter in life if you keep re-reading the last one.
You are Jar Jar Binks!
You tend to put the needs of others over your own. Sensitive to criticism, you need positive reinforcement to feel good about yourself. It’s good that you’re most driven by your genuine concern of others. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your well-being for the sake of others.
There are ways you can make both yourself and others happy at the same time!
You are R2-D2!
You have an excellent ability to understand difficult concepts and find the best solutions. Unlike other robots, you do not play by the rules. You are characterised by your ability to pursue and succeed in risk-taking ventures.
Here is why: 8 Reasons Risk Takers are More Likely Successful.
You are Kylo Ren!
You have an extremely complex personality. You are torn between the light and dark side. Tormented by this constant internal conflict, you are capable of unleashing an apocalyptic and fiery temper when pushed over the edge.
You are Yoda!
Being an interesting mixture of logic, curiosity and originality, you’re characterised by your ability to create complicated systems and theories that improves the life of others. Your cold appearance can’t camouflage your passionate soul.
And there are things only passionate people would understand.
You are Princess Leia!
Assertive, strategic and decisive. You’re a born leader. You have the ability to quickly see flaws in logic and develop intelligent solutions in response.
Reading is an important source where leaders can get inspiration and grow fast. We recommend these 15 leadership books for every high-potential leader.
You are Obi-wan!
Introspective, caring and sensitive. You strive for peace in chaos and enjoy being a mentor to provide guidance to others. You have the unique ability to connect to the essence of others and identify their strengths.
Change the world can be hard but you can definitely change it one person at a time. Don’t stop caring!
You are Han Solo!
Adaptable and action-oriented. You like to focus on things with immediate results. You like thinking on your feet and never let rules get in the way of your ambitions. Setting short term goals like you always do is definitely a great way to stay on the move.
However, be sure to set big goals to guide your overall direction!
You are Luke Skywalker!
Driven by your values and interested in helping people, you are destined to change the galaxy!
Before bringing groundbreaking changes to the world, you can start by changing yours first.
You are Darth Vader!
Practical, realistic and organised. You’re born with the qualities to be a great leader. You’re results-oriented and relentlessly seeking ways to achieve your targets in the most effective way.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Pz1DxH
What goes around comes back around. 31st night 🌃