#ff : arjunnpatel
If you suffer from migraines, you know that you’ll do almost anything to prevent a migraine or to stop one as soon as you feel it coming on. From pain killers to dietary changes to acupuncture, you’ve probably tried it all at least once. But there’s one surprising new preventative measure for migraines that you may not have considered or even heard of: piercing.
Recently, a number of migraine sufferers have come forward to say that piercing the daith, a small cartilage fold in the outer ear, has relieved their migraine pain.
Here’s what you need to know about piercing for migraine relief.
Where to Pierce for Migraine Relief
Migraine sufferers who have found relief through piercing recommend piercing the daith, which is a part of bony cartilage located in the upper part of the visible outer ear.
Although there has been no clinical research to prove that piercing is an effective migraine preventative or treatment, individual anecdotes are promising. Many migraine sufferers who have tried piercing say that it has reduced both the frequency and intensity of their migraines.
Kimberly Glatz states on Cure Bank that since getting her daith pierced, she has “definitely seen an improvement and i[piercing] worth trying.” Natalie Thompson similarly reports that as a result of her daith piercing, “[her] headache has gone from a five or six out of 10 down to a three.”
Why Piercing May Help Migraines
Proponents of piercing for migraine relief often point to its similarity to acupuncture. A treatment originating in China over 2,000 years ago, acupuncture involves the placement of tiny needles into various points of the body. Acupuncture has long been used as an alternative treatment for chronic pain, and in 2004 a scientific study proved acupuncture’s effectiveness in treating migraines and other chronic headaches.
Daith piercing is believed to work like acupuncture by exerting light pressure on a specific pressure point in the ear that corresponds to headaches. Piercing artist Dave Kurlander suggests piercing on the same side in which migraines most frequently or severely occur.
Due to the lack of clinical research, it is not definitively clear why piercing may help reduce migraines, or whether the treatment works at all for most people. As Tammy Rome of Migraine.com points out, it’s equally possible that migraine sufferers have reported relief not from the piercing itself, but from the piercing’s placebo effect.
Regardless of the exact reason for its reported effectiveness, daith piercing is a relatively low-risk and low-cost method to try for migraine prevention and treatment. Thomas Cohn, a Minnesota-based interventional pain doctor, suggests that “[daith piercing] certainly won’t work for everybody, but if…all other solutions have failed, it may be worth investigating further.”
Tips for Piercing for Migraine and Anxiety Relief
If you’re considering a daith piercing to help relieve your migraines, keep the following tips in mind to make sure the piercing is safe and effective.
Consult with your doctor.
Always speak with your primary physician or migraine specialist before starting any new treatment, including piercing. Your doctor can advise you on common piercing concerns and make sure that your piercing works in tandem with any medicinal approaches.
Know that piercing does not work for everyone.
Because this is not yet a scientifically proven treatment, it’s impossible to know how often daith piercings provide migraine relief. In fact, some sufferers have actually reported that piercing worsened their migraines. If your migraines have not improved within several to many months, consider an alternative treatment plan.
Start a migraine diary.
Before you get pierced, start keeping a diary of your migraine history. Note migraine frequency, type, and intensity, along with any known triggers. (Migraine triggers vary from person to person but typically include certain foods, alcohols, and environmental factors.) Continue the diary after you’ve gotten your piercing to monitor your progress.
Choose a licensed practitioner to pierce you.
Just like any other elective piercing, be sure to choose a piercing studio that is clean, reputable, and licensed. Read reviews of local piercing studios, and if possible, choose one that has experience with piercing for migraines. Discuss your intention with the piercing artist so he or she can determine the best location for the piercing.
Watch out for infection.
Because the daith and the traigus are both relatively thick areas of cartilage, they may be more prone to infection from piercing than other parts of your body. Clean your piercing according to instructions from your piercing artist, and be aware of early signs of infection. If the infection does not resolve with cleaning and over-the-counter remedies, seek medical attention.
Do you suffer from migraines? Check out this interesting infographic about the four stages of a migraine so you can treat them more effectively.
Featured photo credit: Gustavo Malpartida via flickr.com
The post Piercing Might Cure Migraine And Anxiety, According To Some Cases appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/21uZdJA
1. If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.
2. Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
3. She believed she could, so she did.
4. I’ll be ok. Just not today.
5. Don’t let anyone ever dull your sparkle.
6. She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
7. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
8. I’m very picky with whom I give my energy to. I prefer to reserve my time, intensity and spirit exclusively to those who reflect sincerity.
9. Don’t waste words on people who deserve your silence. Sometimes the most powerful thing you can say is nothing at all.
10. Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air, and remind yourself of who you are and where you want to be.
11. Never apologise for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.
12 . The 3C’s in Life” Choice, Chance, Change. You must make the choice, to take the chance, if you want anything in life to change.
13. Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged. For the lord your god will be with you wherever you go.
14. In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
15. One day someone is going to hug you so tight, that all of your broken pieces fit back together.
16. The darkest nights produce the brightest stars
17. Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places.
18. You will forever be my always.
19. Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack.
20. One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
21. God has placed you where you’re at in this very moment for a reason, remember that and trust he is working everything out!
22. What ever you decide to do, make sure it makes you happy.
23. You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.
24. They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.
25. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back the difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming.
26. Better than I was, more than I am. And all of this happened, by taking your hand.
27. I smile like an idiot when I think about you.
28. Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you.
29. I keep o much pain inside myself. I grasp my anger and loneliness and hold it in my chest, It has changed me into something I never meant to be. It has transformed me in a person I do not recognise; but I don’t know how to let it go.
30. Positive mind. Positive vibes. Positive life.
31. The things you take for granted someone else is praying.
32. By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
33. Stop waiting for Friday, for summer, for someone to fall in love with you, for life. Happiness is achieved when you stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment you are in now.
34. You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice
35. A girl’s favorite songs will tell you more about how she feels than her lips ever will.
36. It was rather beautiful: the way he put her insecurities to sleep. The way he dove into her eyes and starved all the fears and tasted all the dreams she kept coiled beneath her bones.
37. Sometimes you meet a person and you just click — you’re comfortable with them, like you’ve known them you whole life, and you don’t have to pretend to be anyone or anything.
38. A.S.A.P always say a prayer
39. I knew who I was this morning but I’ve changed a few times since then.
40. Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.
41. Sometimes you just need to distance yourself from people. If they care, they’ll notice. If they don’t you know where you stand.
42. She acts like summer & walks like rain.
43. The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.
44. If you know me you know that …
45. When it rains look for Rainbows. When it’s dark look for Stars.
46. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart.
47. When you’re happy you enjoy the music. When you’re sad you understand the lyrics.
48. Don’t tell me what they said about me, tell me why they were so comfortable to say it around you.
49. You hate when people see you cry because you want to be that strong girl. At the same time, though, you hate how nobody notices how torn apart and broken you are.
50. You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
51. Fear not, …
52. Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
53. Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday so near to Monday?
54. A serious girl, when she finds someone who clams her spirit and quiets her busy thoughts, will love you so fiercely, it will defy even her own logic and reasoning.
55. Keep clam and think of the beach.
56. Stay humble, work hard, be kind.
57. Just a brunette and a blonde with an unbreakable bond. Best friends forever.
58. Do what you can with what you have where you are.
59. Be a Girl with a mind, a Woman with attitude, and a Lady with class.
60. Collect Moments Not Things.
61. Every morning you have two choices: continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them.
62. Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. I live in the present and make it beautiful.
63. Don’t give up now.
64. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.
65. Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you no one would believe it.
66. Good music doesn’t expiration date.
67. I’m stronger because I had to be, I’m smarter because of my mistakes, happier because of the sadness I’ve know, and now wiser because I learned.
68. Never apologize for having high standards. People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them.
69. Whenever you find yourself doubting how for you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome.
70. Why wish upon a star? When You can pray to the one who created it.
71. Someday, everything will make perfect sense. so for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
72. When someone else’s happiness is your happiness that is love.
73. She’s standing on a line between giving up & seeing how much more she can take.
74. Having a soft heart in a cruel world is courage, not weakness.
75. In Our Home…
76. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
77. Don’t worry when I fight with you, worry when I stop because it means there’s nothing left for us to fight for.
78. Your mind is a powerful thing. When You fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
79. You only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go.
80. I will walk by faith even when I can not see.
81. Quiet people have the loudest minds.
82. To live will be an awfully big adventure.
83. One of the hardest things to do in life, is letting go of what you thought was real.
84. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye.
85. If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
86. The mot memorable people in life will be the friends who loved you when you weren’t very lovable.
86. If he makes you laugh. Kiss your forehead. Says he’s sorry. Makes an effort. Holds you hand. Works Hard. Attempts to understand you. then, believe it or not, he’s quite perfect.
88. When something goes wrong in your life, just yell “Plot twist!” and move on
89. Let your faith be bigger than your fear.
90. When god gives you a “No”, give him a “Thank you”. He was protecting you from less than his best.
91. The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie.
92. Time decides who you meet in life, your heart decides who you want in your life, and your behaviour decide who stays in your life.
93. I love you past the moon and the stars, the planets, and the sun wrapped around everything times twenty million, bajillion times infinity! That’s how much I love you.
94. I want to show him that he has not been loved before. I want him to feel with one kiss, how I can make love to his soul for eternity.
95. You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars.
96. The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.
97. I own no explanations for my flaws. I don’t have to justify my mistakes, my past, or my insecurities. I am growing and learning. Let me live.
98. The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.
99. Only those who care about you can hear you when you’re quiet.
100. Apologising doesn’t always mean you’re wrong and the other person is right. It means you values relationship more than your ego.
101. It’s os amazing when someone comes to your life expecting nothing our of it but suddenly there right in front of you is everything you ever need.
102. Be who you are not who the world wants you to be.
103. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
104. As I look back on my life, I realise that every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.
105. Delight yourself in the Lord & he will live you the desires of your heart.
106. Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place.
107. The moment when you do a Math problem and your answer isn’t even one of the choices.
108. To love a person is to see all of their magic and to remind them of it when they have forgotten.
109. It’s hard not to fall in love with someone when they see the mixed up parts of your soul. When they understand the darkest and dustiest corners of your minds. When it’s four a.m. and they call because they know you’re not asleep.
110. Give it to god and go to sleep.
111. The greatest thing a father can do for his daughter is to love her mother.
112. If you don’t know where you want to go, then it doesn’t matter which path you take.
113. Some see a weed, some see a wish.
The post Read these top 100 most repinned picture quotes on Pinterest appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Qf85L7
If you are committed to the healthy lifestyle movement, you would be fully aware that an effective dietary plan is essential to maintaining perfect health status. While many health experts advocate the importance of fruits and vegetables, not many of them are aware of the benefits of peaches. In fact, scientists have shown that not only are peaches an excellent source of dietary fiber, they are also an ideal ingredient due to its high water and antioxidant content.
The Many Benefits of Peaches
1. Promote healthy skin
Experiments have shown that zeaxanthin and lutein help to repair and reconstruct inflamed skin caused by harmful UV rays. Notably, peach extracts are commonly found in skincare treatments as the flavonoid compound effectively cleanses dead skin cells, provides sufficient hydration and revitalizes the skin.
2. Counter the effects of aging
The natural aging process is a rather tiresome burden to many people. Fortunately, another advantage of zinc content found in peaches is its ability to counter the effects of aging. Not only does it boost the production of testosterone in the body, it also helps repair cells damage caused by free radicals.
3. Effectively manage nervous system
One of the most interesting benefits of peaches is its ability to enhance your nervous system. The presence of magnesium in this fruit is essential to lowering stress and anxiety levels and maintaining your nervous system in a peaceful state. Additionally, studies have shown that magnesium is also effective in countering the effects of depression.
4. Prevent growth of cancer cells
By consuming peaches, the high phenolic and carotenoid content helps to ward off the development of cancer cells. Studies have shown that these elements specifically target cancer cells and eliminate them from the system without affecting the healthy cells.
5. Boost immune system
The immune system is rather fragile and can be easily affected by a number of factors such as infections and diseases. Utilizing the ascorbic acid and zinc content found in peaches, it can help to nurse your immune system back to its healthy condition.
6. Reduce Obesity
It is rather surprising that peaches are not regularly included in weight loss news articles. They contain bioactive elements such as the phenolic compound that have been proven to effectively fight metabolism imbalance and directly treat any diet disorders.
7. Fight Free Radicals
An excessive amount of free radicals can create havoc in your body. Harmful free radicals come from the harmful elements in the environment such as air pollutants and sun rays. The antioxidant properties in peaches help to scavenge and eradicate these free radicals before they can cause any damage.
8. Maintain healthy cholesterol levels
Last but not least, scientists have successfully concluded that the phenolic compounds found in peaches help to lower LDL (harmful) cholesterol levels while promoting the HDL (good) cholesterol. This is vital in helping to maintain optimal cardiovascular health.
Healthy Recipes of Peaches
Now that the comprehensive benefits of peaches have been established, it is time to master the essential knowledge to incorporate it into a healthy dietary plan. List below are 5 healthy recipes that can be easily prepared.
Maple-Peach Milk Shake
Ingredients: ¼ cup of fresh milk, 1 cup of yogurt, 6 tablespoons of maple syrup 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ ounces of peaches.
Preparation: Simply pour all ingredients into a blender and mix until a smooth mixture is achieved. This delicious recipe can be divided into 4 individual servings and best consumed after a sumptuous meal.
Peaches, Strawberries and Basil with Orange Vinaigrette
Ingredients: 1 cup of orange juice, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1 ripe peach and ¼ cup of basil leaves.
Preparation: Combine orange juice, sugar and olive oil into saucepan and boil for 15 minutes. Combine mixture into a bowl with strawberries and slices of peaches and stir lightly. Finish off the dish with light sprinkles of basil.
Ingredients: 4 cups of water, 2 cups of sliced peach, ¾ cup of sugar and 1 cup of lemon juice.
Preparation: Mix water, peaches and sugar and bring to a boil. Next, add mixture into blender and mix until smooth. Refrigerate the product for 3 hours before sifting it into a large bowl and discard any remaining solids. Add in lemon juice and stir appropriately before serving.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup cider vinegar, 1 ½ cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, 6 whole cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 peaches and 2 teaspoons of whole black peppercorns.
Preparation: Pour all ingredients except peaches into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. After which, allow mixture to cool before putting in peaches sliced evenly. Allow the dish to stand for 10 minutes before serving with a slotted spoon.
Peach and Tomato Salad
Ingredients: ¼ cup red onion, ½ pound peaches, ¼ pound tomatoes, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 tablespoons of basil leaves.
Preparations: Mix red onion, peaches and tomatoes into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix in vinegar, olive oil and honey before whisking. Combine both mixtures and toss evenly to enhance the flavor. Top off the dish with light dashes of basil leaves.
The post Amazing Benefits Of Peaches (+5 Refreshing Recipes) appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Qf85uy
Asking someone out is hard.
It could be a long-time friend you’ve had for the past few years, or someone you’ve recently met. Just thinking about it has us tongue-tied. While asking for a date is already hard enough in English, what’s even harder is to do it in Spanish.
Here’s a quick guideline of what to do and what not to do, when you’re asking someone out in Spanish.
1. Give a warm welcome
Start with basic Spanish greetings by introducing yourself and asking them how they are.
a. Hola, como vas? – Hey, how’s it going?
b. Que haces? – What are you up to?
Then you can comment on their appearance. Often complimenting them on what they’re wearing can be a great option to go with.
a. Te ves muy linda hoy – You look very beautiful today
b. Te ves hermosa hoy – You look very pretty today
2. Going for the ask
Once you’ve both relaxed and established a natural conversation, you’ll eventually need to go for the ask.
Everyone has their own style of doing this, but here are some sentences that can help.
a. Te gustaria ir a ver una pelicula alguna vez? – Would you like to go to see a movie sometime?
b. Te gustaria ir a tomar algo? – Would you like to go for a drink?
c. Te gustaria ir a cenar alguna vez? – Would you like to go to dinner sometime?
3. Wrapping up
Now it’s time for your exit. Once you’ve asked someone out, you probably don’t want to be lingering around for too long.
Get whatever information you need to get across, and say your goodbyes.
a. ¿Cuál es tu numero de teléfono? – What’s your phone number?
b. Bueno, nos vemos pronto – Great, we’ll see each other soon
c. Ciao! – Ciao!
Things not to say or avoid
When it comes to asking someone out, no matter what language, there are some big no-nos, such as old-fashioned pick up lines.
In Spanish, here are things not to say:
Pick up lines
a. ¿Oye, te dolio? Cuando te caiste del cielo – Did it hurt? When you fell from heaven.
b. ¿Eres una camara? Porque cada vez que te miro sonrio – Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile.
Boring, sensitive, and irrelevant topics
c. ¿Qué opinas de las nuevas politicas economicas? – What do you think of the new economic policies?
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1oRYSQ5
There’s a lot of buzz going on about virtual reality (VR). There are articles popping up in the news and a lot of general excitement. With smartphone-compatible versions of VR, like Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR, already on the market, as well as the recent pre-release of the Oculus Rift and the imminent arrival of the HTC Vive, one thing is certain: virtual reality is coming.
Although many have forecasted VR’s categorical success, others are not so certain about it. Some naysayers have even predicted that VR will be a complete flop, saying it’s doomed to the same fate as 3D TV.
The biggest problem with 3D TV was that there simply wasn’t enough content to persuade mainstream consumers to go out and buy expensive new TV sets (not to mention that the technology was imperfect at best…). It always remained a niche venture. But this is just not the case with VR. As I write these sentences, even before Oculus Rift, the first dedicated, full-fledged VR headset, becomes generally available to consumers, there are already tons of really cool applications in all sorts of domains, not just gaming. Here are five of the the best.
1. You can teleport yourself just about anywhere in the world and feel as if you’re really there using the new Google Street View VR app
Don’t get me wrong; I’ve been to Paris, and the truth is that walking down Boulevard Saint Michel in real life still beats any approximation to that experience that you can have with an HD screen. However, short of actually purchasing an $800 round-trip ticket to Europe, the Google Street View VR app (currently available for android devices using Google Cardboard or Gear VR) is about as realistic and genuine an experience as you can have in another city. Even with regular old Street View, I enjoy “exploring” foreign cities from behind my laptop’s screen – I think most of us appreciate how close we are brought to faraway places with those panoramic images, and being able to rotate around was part of that.
Well, the 360º VR functionality is a step up from traditional Street View. Here, you get to freely zip through city streets, getting a real feel for their spaces and places. But unlike the Street View we’re accustomed to, the VR function lets you really focus on small details you might otherwise miss, since you are completely immersed in the experience. And that’s the magic it offers: unlike staring at your computer screen, where you never lose sight of the fact that you are, in fact, sitting in your living room, Street View VR is so immersive that you become aware only of your virtual surroundings.
2. You can watch movies on a 140-foot screen on the moon
Oculus Cinema is an app that lets you watch movies and other video content as though you were in a movie theater, an IMAX theater, or on the moon. The light from the movie screen bounces off moon rocks around you, and if you turn to your right, you’ll see the Apollo moon lander (which, of course, explains how it is that you came to be binge watching your new favorite series on the moon).
This is really cool because it accurately recreates the cozy feeling of being in a theater while specifically focussing on watching a movie. Much like in a theater, it’s dark around you and you can’t glance down at your phone to check the game scores – which is what is cool about the cinema in the first place: escaping our mundane existences and diving into the movie’s story. Also, Oculus has just announced that friends are coming to the oculus cinema; they are adding a social function to the app which will let your friends sit in the same theater (or part of the moon) as you while you watch the movie, thereby overcoming some of the loneliness of VR.
3. You can attend live shows, like the filming of SNL
One of the things I most enjoy when I go to any live performance is turning around, right in the middle of the show, and watching other spectators watch the show. It’s just part of the magic of being there. For its 40th anniversary special episode, Saturday Night Live recently placed a 360º camera inside Studio 8H so that people with an android phone and Google Cardboard could watch Will Ferrell play Alex Trebek in “Celebrity Jeopardy” in VR. They could also turn around and scrutinize the cameramen or members of the audience, which included Michael Douglas, John Goodman, James Franco, Larry David, Tim Meadows, Dakota Johnson, and Sarah Palin. This sort of VR application really does add a dimension to SNL (and other live shows) that was previously reserved for people who were lucky enough to actually attend live sessions.
4. You can interact with people in an entirely new social network: AltspaceVR
Released just a few days ago, AltspaceVR lets you share and really interact with other people within virtual reality spaces. Whether you’re playing chess or sitting in a warm cabin in a virtual winter wonderland, this new platform lets you have shared experiences with people that may be thousands of miles away. Ultimately, the basis of friendship is the possibility of talking, having common experiences, playing together, and hanging out. AltspaceVR taps into that, and thus truly unleashes an enormous potential for VR socializing. This is still in its early stages, but it’s paving the way for a social network revolution.
5. You can be in the game instead of just looking at the game (and get some exercise!)
The post 5 Reasons Why Virtual Reality Is The Next Big Thing appeared first on Lifehack.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Qf87Cu
Freelancing has never been easier. This is fantastic news for creative folks that are looking to either supplement their income or branch off on their own. Now an Internet connection and creative skills can secure you work from anywhere.
But where does one start? There are so many different sites out there that offer creative freelancers the chance of acquiring money for their services. Some sites seem too good to be true while it’s easy to see that others are actually trying to get money out of the freelancer.
Some sites reach out to multiple creative areas and others offer services that are specific to one craft like article writing and logo design.
Either way, a great Internet connection and creative drive will make it possible to work from anywhere.
Opportunities for Creative Freelancers
Bunny Inc. is working to build the “one-stop shop for professional services that can be delivered online.” What is interesting about Bunny Inc. is that they don’t let just anyone work as a freelancer for their multiple services. The application process is intense, and only the best of the best are able to make it as one of their creative freelancers. Another stark difference between Bunny Inc. and a lot of other sites is that they use artificial intelligence and sophisticated algorithms to connect clients with the right workers for the job.
While there are only four categories at the moment – voice over work, writing services, dubbing, logo design – freelancers in these fields can rejoice because they can actually set their own rates. Another great feature of the Bunny Inc. brand is that they work with a human-powered quality assurance team that make sure all submitted projects meet their high standards. If the project passes their quality control, the freelancer gets paid no matter what – even if the deliverable is ultimately rejected by the client. When it comes to outsourcing creative projects, Bunny Inc. is a great option for freelancers.
Formerly known as oDesk, Upwork is an international platform that connects freelancers and businesses. The billion dollar corporation boasts more than 10 million freelancers and receives about 5 million job postings on a yearly basis. Upwork has freelancers across a wide-variety of areas. Some of these areas include, but are not limited to, writers, designers, web developers, mobile developers, sales and marketing experts, consultants, and more.
The competition is stiff, with freelancers from around the world competing for jobs. Because of this, those with a lot of experience freelancing might get priced out by newcomers that charge little in an effort to lock down work and expand their portfolio.
Fiverr is a global marketplace for micro-gigs and small tasks. While popular among businesses looking to save a few bucks (or many bucks if you think about it), Fiverr is quite controversial in the freelance community.
They have been accused many times by countless freelancers of taking advantage of creative folks by only promoting $5 gigs. Sure, the freelancer can charge more for rush jobs, bulk jobs, and anything that goes beyond the basic $5 job. But they have become known as the place to go to get the cheapest projects completed. Fiverr is a great place to build a portfolio by completing many projects. And considering Fiverr is enormously popular and receives huge amounts of projects each day, freelancers working with Fiverr will get all of the experience necessary to make sure their portfolios are strong.
Guru is a site that connects freelancers to creative projects and has been in the game since the 90s! That is an incredible feat in the online world, but they are still going very strong. Guru offers over 3 million different services that are separated by categories on their site.
They cover a wide range of different services that include web design, software, IT, design, writing, sales, marketing, legal, engineering, architecture, translation and much, much more. While there are loads of jobs posted every single day to Guru, the competition is very intense. There can be dozens of people out to get the same job. Make sure you are quick with your edits when applying for a gig. Otherwise, it might get snatched up before you can even reach out to the client.
Freelancer.com works with millions of small businesses from around the world. With over 8 million jobs posted on the site and close to 20 million registered users, Freelancer is one of the biggest players on the planet. Their site is very easy to navigate – for both freelancers and clients – making the experience a pleasant one for users.
Freelancer has a wide range of different membership plans for their freelancers. There is the Free, Intro, Basic, Plus, Standard, and Premium. The lower your membership, the higher the project and hourly fees you will pay to Freelancer. Also, the lower your membership, the fewer bids you will be able to use per month. For example, the Free membership will only allow you eight bids per month and charge a 10% fixed and hourly fee. The Premium membership – which will cost you a whopping $199.95 per month – will give you 1,500 bids and still charge you a fee, this time only 3%. You have to decide how much you want to put into your freelance experience. If you plan on really hustling and doing this full-time, the Premium membership might be a good road for you. If you plan to moonlight as a logo designer or article writer, it might make more sense to go with the Free or Intro membership (at least to start).
iFreelance’s membership rates are inexpensive, and they don’t take a commission from your earnings. This is a good sign for creative folks looking to get into the world of freelancing. Their website is a bit of an information overload and could definitely benefit from a makeover. The project page leaves quite a bit to the imagination as well, with very few projects posted across a couple of dozen categories. If you are going to use iFreelance, definitely do so alongside some other platforms if you are serious about landing some gigs and making some cash.
Opportunities for Freelance Writers
Contently is a powerhouse in the world of content creation. They only work with top-notch writers to accomplish their mission of creating and content marketing solutions for their large portfolio of international enterprises. Writers working with Contently feel productive and accomplished though many feel disposable because of the long line of writers waiting in line to join the team. The Contently platform is well-designed and easy to use, making the entire process a breeze for all parties involved. The pay is very competitive, leaving writers happy. Contently is growing fast, which means changes happen quickly. For those who aren’t quick to adapt, this can mean problems or confusion. But for writers looking to shine on an accomplished platform with room for growth, Contently is a great option.
Scripted works with thousand of professional writers and offer its clients projects ranging from blog posts and website content to white papers, social posts, and travel guides. Not just anyone can get work with Scripted, and the application process is quite selective. Many of the Scripted writers are happy with their experience. The rates are higher than some of Scripted’s competition, and work is steady for the writers with great reviews and proven track records. Scripted is a great option for writers with a passion for the written word and a desire to grow their portfolios.
ArticleBunny offers writers the chance to set their own rates and work on projects ranging from blog posts, listicles, academic papers, marketing content, product descriptions, SEO content and more. Unlike most other sites designed for freelance writers, ArticleBunny is very strict about who writes for them. The application process involves first taking an English proficiency exam. If you pass, you will be asked to produce an article that is presented to you the same way ArticleBunny writers receive projects from clients. ArticleBunny’s quality control team will then evaluate your article to make sure you have what it takes to join their team of writers. This makes sure that only high-quality written content is being sent to clients. Another great feature of ArticleBunny that leaves their freelance writers smiling is that revisions are paid. ArticleBunny is still very new compared to their competition, so the number of available projects isn’t as high as other places but growing at a very steady rate. This is a great site to get in early and make a name for yourself.
Opportunities for Freelance Voice Over Actors
Voice123 is a marketplace where clients post jobs and voice over artists audition for roles. The client then chooses the perfect voice and can communicate directly with the artist to perfect the project. Voice123 revolutionized the way the voice over industry works back when it started back in 2003. Since then, many sites have tried imitating the way it works but have had trouble gaining traction. There are two types of memberships. First, there is the free membership for voice actors. Second, the premium membership, which costs $395/year. You can visit the Voice123 website to see the advantages of joining as a premium voice actor.
VoiceBunny is a production house that uses sophisticated algorithms to connect clients to the best professional voice over artists to their project. Voice actors looking to use VoiceBunny don’t have to pay anything to join; they just have to pass the test and be accepted as a worthy voice artist. The algorithm will connect voice over artists to the right projects the moment they are posted. The description created by the client will be reviewed instantly by the algorithm and sent immediately to the voice actors that fit the bill. The entire process with VoiceBunny is streamlined. This makes life easier for the freelance voice actor because they don’t have to worry about billing or auditioning for roles. To find out more about how to apply for a position as a professional voice actor, visit VoiceBunny today.
Opportunities for Freelance Logo Designers
Logoworks is an online graphic design agency that works with logo designers from all over the world. By using intelligent technology and great designers, they are able to produce high-quality logos while meeting deadlines.
LogoBunny is a great place for designers to get work creating logos for clients around the world. As with the other Bunny Inc. services, the requirements for becoming a logo designer are stringent, and designers should be prepared to wow the team behind LogoBunny to be accepted as one of their designers. Many more applicants are rejected than hired, keeping true with the Bunny brand reputation of only working with very qualified freelancers. LogoBunny is a new service that has already established itself as a service that delivers high-quality logos in a timely fashion.
The trend of outsourcing creative content is growing at a rapid rate. Also, the idea of the remote workplace is becoming more acceptable, even for large corporations. These realities are making it possible for creative freelancers to have the ability to take control of their lives and follow their passions. Sites like the ones listed above help companies looking to save money by outsourcing projects while offering creative freelancers the ability to find work and sustain themselves doing what they love.
via Lifehack http://ift.tt/1Qf85dW